December 16, 2011

Double Peppermint Crunch Cookies

Here is my third Christmas cookie some of you know I've been lacking my holiday spirit its hard not having my husband here for it all during deployment even though he is a Grinch about it lol. I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com they use the sugar cookie roll of course I do not use that they have a peppermint sugar cookie one out. When I was at the store I found Wilton candy cane colorburst candy melts I love them to dip the cookies in! 



Sugar cookies:

  • 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
  • peppermints or candy canes, crushed
  • white chocolate candy melts or candy cane melts



  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F . In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
4.     Dip half of each cookie into melted mixture, allowing excess to drip off; place on waxed or cooking parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle each with slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon crushed candy. stick into the fridge to harden.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails