Time for a healthy recipe post, i got this recipe from Chris Freytag's cookbook Choose This she sells a lot of her products on QVU. I love her upbeat attitude during workouts she just came out with a new workout plan called 10 pound slimdown Xtreme I've been doing it for about 2 weeks i love it! I'm really into weight lifting and she uses weights for a lot of the workouts too. There are a lot of great recipes in her cookbook this one is amazing i love red peppers i would love to do a green pepper one too soon, this would also be another great football appetizer instead of tortilla chips.
Calories 118, Carbs 18, Fat 4, Protein 6, Sugar 9, Fiber 6, WW points 2, WW Points Plus 5
6 red bell peppers
8 oz. Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
½ (15oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
½ cup fresh salsa
4 green onions, thinly sliced
Fat-free sour cream if desired
- Preheat broiler to high. Slice bell peppers into bite-sized pieces, discarding stems and seeds.
- Spread the cut bell peppers across a large sheet pan and cover with ½ of the pepper-jack cheese.
- Place sheet pan under broiler and broil until cheese is melted, about 2 min.
- Top with the black beans, corn, and remaining cheese, and return to broiler to melt the second layer of cheese. Cook until cheese is completely melted and edges of pepper are beginning to brown. About 3 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the sliced green onions before serving alongside salsa for dipping. You may also serve with fat-free sour cream if desired.