Yesterday i got a email from ecollegefinder.com telling me i'm a nominee for best foodie blog award on their site, i just had to give then some sentences on why my blog would be best for a college student. i know i have a lot of easy recipes but i thought these mozzarella bite would be amazing for a little study snack right?! They are much better than the deep fried ones you get at restrurant which i have never liked. These are easy to make takes about 5 mins to make altogether you just use those string cheese sticks!
4 servings ( 3 bites) Caloires 90, Fat 5, Protein 7, Fiber .1,Soduim 162, Carbs 6. (WW points 2)
- 1/3 cup panko
- 3 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup panko to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and place the panko in a shallow dish.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces. Dip cheese in egg substitute; roll in panko. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 3 minutes or until the cheese is softened and starts bubbling.
- Pour the marinara sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute.Serve on the side.