December 14, 2010

Peppermint Bark


here is my lastest obsession! i've been loving peppermint anything! my mom made me try peppermint bark about 2 yrs ago and i was hooked! i've never made it before but its so easy. you need really good chocolate to make sure it doesn't seize up. you also have to make sure the white chocolate has cocoa butter in it! i found one with was the bakers chocolate baking bars it worked great! i also mixed in some candy cane kisses and peppermint andes with the crushed candy canes.
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 lb. white chocolate baking bars 
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
one box of candy canes

Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Pour the chocolate chips in the pan and set them in the oven at 250 degrees for 5 minutes or until they’re almost melted.  Use a spatula to smooth out the chips over the bottom of the pan.  Refrigerate for about 20 minutes until the chocolate is hardened. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.  Stir in the peppermint extract.  Pour the white chocolate over the dark and smooth with a spatula.  Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.  Refrigerate until firm.  Peel off the foil and cut into pieces.



4 comments:

  1. Candace, this looks soo yummy!! Is it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no its so easy! if you have any questions you can ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I will! I was actually thinking about making this, but then I was like... I don't know it looks hard! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i'm sending you some anyways!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails